Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gasarilla Race Weekend


Well I was supposed to head down to Miami this past weekend for a crawfish fest that a friend was throwing and decided last minute that a weekend of debauchery was not what I needed so on Friday eve I called Brandon and told him I was bailing. On Friday I signed up for the weekend races. Gasarilla 5k on Saturday and marathon on Sunday. I will never do the 5k again...there were some 5000 people plus. Literally there were people holding hands and walking in front of me and not just one or two couples...I swear I was at Woodstock. I was waiting for Janice Jop to be jamming out around the next bend. You will not find I bigger supporter of people getting out and exercising..but locking palms in a race??? So After jogging for the first 3/4 of a mile (literally) I was able to actually run. Time was like 22 something horrible...if it tells you something I was 5th in my age division...thats how conjested it was. The marathon was not quite as conjested. I found the 3:30 pace group around (or should I say they found me!! ;) around the 19 mile mark and stuck with them. Time was around 3:36. It was a great training run for the upcoming races. My goal is 2:55 by August...so we will see....I need to loose the extra poundage!

No comments: