Sunday, February 25, 2007

Had to work this weekend;(

Had a meeting this weekend in Howey in the Hills, FL at the Mission in Golf resort. It definitely is in the middle o nowheresville, if the name of the town gives you any clue;) It was a meeting for the Florida Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Last time I was in the area I was cycling through during the Great Floridian iron distance triathlon. It was brutal!! You wouldn't think that there are any hills in FL;) but peddle 112 miles on this ROLLING course and you'll change your mind real fast!! ;) I was especially blown out due to the fact I was fresh off racing Ironman Canada just about a month prior. I had zero business being out there! I just sent my application in for the tampa bay 24 mile marathon swim. Although now I'm a bit scared..I just spoke to on if the surgeons at the meeting who crewed for his buddy who swam it a few years ago and he was telling me how his friend blew up like a balloon. I guess being in the water for 11 plus hour's will do that to you;)

No comments: